follow me on Pinterest, you'll know that I started a new Meatless Monday board, and have gone a wee bit crazy pinning to it. Sorry about that.But only kind of sorry, because those look like great recipes that I'm very excited to try out! I'm ALSO very excited, because the wonderful folks over at Meatless Monday asked if they could add You Pinspire Me to their Blogger's on Board page!
this post on 'Guacahummus' by Peru Delights caught my attention - partially because it looked & sounded delicious, and partially because I have a bag of 5 avocados that are perfectly ripe in the fridge right now. I dug up a bag of cooked chickpeas from the freezer, thawed them, and had this whipped up in 10 minutes. I made a few changes, though, because I didn't have a few ingredients and because DH & I both thought there was a little something missing.
I also like the name "Guacammous" better than "Guacahummus", but that's really just semantics. ;)
- 2 cups of cooked chickpeas / garbanzo beans
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 4 Tbsp minced garlic
- juice of 2 limes
- 1/8 tsp cumin
- 2 pinches cayenne
- 1+ tsp salt
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp water
- 1 tsp cilantro paste
- 2 ripe avocados
- hot sauce to taste
- Process the first 10 ingredients in food processor until smooth.
- Add avocados. Process.
- Add a couple of drops of hot sauce, process, taste, repeat as necessary for your tastes. :)
- Transfer to serving bowl. Drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with cayenne.
- Serve with fresh pitas, cucumbers, peppers, crackers, bread sticks...
|So tasty with purple peppers fresh from the garden.|
Looking for more Meatless Monday recipes? Try some of these out: